Envision Minnesota publishes occasional reports authored by its own staff as well as collaborations with other organizations. Here's a sampling of our recent publications.
- A Citizen's Guide to Influencing Local Land-Use Decisions
A lighthearted look at effective citizen participation, written in collaboration with Minnesota Waters. Download the Citizen's Guide. Published in 2008.
- Conservation Design Scorecard
Envision Minnesota developed a scorecard for local units of government to use to assess the conservation design attributes of a development proposal. Read more about it or download the scorecard. Published in 2010 with help from MPCA, the Weyerhaueser Foundation, and DNR.
- Curbside Chat - A candid talk about the future of America's cities, towns and neighborhoods presentation by Strong Towns at the July 2011 Envision Minnesota Discussion Series kickoff event. (Large pdf format - may take a few minutes to load).
- Emerging Trends Affecting Market Decisions
A presentation by Cathy Bennett of ULI/Regional Council of Mayors in August 2011 at the second of Envision Minnesota's Discussion Series. Download the Emerging Trends PowerPoint.
- Governor's Playbook
The full title of the report developed by Envision Minnesota and partners is "Investments for a Competitive and Healthy Minnesota: A Playbook for Minnesota’s New Governor." Download the Playbook. Published fall 2010.
- Re-Focus: Making Choices for Future Generations
Download the Re-Focus report. Published in 2008 with the McKnight Foundation.
- Taxing Our Strengths: How Minnesota's Tax System Weakens Our Communities
1000 Friends of Minnesota (now Envision Minnesota) published this "roadmap to property tax reforms" by Pamela Neary and John James. The report evaluates the property tax system and how it affects local communities' ability to compete and thrive in the region. Published in 2000. You can download a PDF of the full report or the executive summary.